TMForum Americas Panel: Making Smart Grid A Reality
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 11, 2011 – Tysons Corner, Virginia
Synaptitude Consulting, a provider of transformational enterprise and technology solutions to business and government clients, announced its participation in the TMForum Americas Smart Grid Panel.
The panel is entitled: Making Smart Grid A Reality – Developing Cross-Industry Collaboration Strategies to Realize New Revenue Opportunities for Telecoms and ISVs.
Moving to Smart Grid is a huge and expensive business and a major technical transformation job for the energy industry. Upwards of $45 trillion may be spent in the US alone. The TM Forum has been instrumental in leading the telecom industry on a similar journey; transforming large-scale operations environments from being network-centric to customer control/services-centric. These similarities have the potential to form the basis for knowledge sharing between the two industries.
Specifically, there is an opportunity for TM Forum knowledge assets including Frameworx and Best Practices to be applied to the Smart Grid challenge and in the process, enable energy providers to more rapidly create, deliver, manage and monetize a wide range of ‘Smart’ services.
The TM Forum Energy online community is leading this effort and will share real-time lessons learned and go-to-market approaches. The session will consist of 2 free flowing panel discussions. The first will focus on the energy industry’s viewpoint and their requirements. The second will examine things from the supplier’s perspective. Then the audience will break into roundtable discussions to probe various aspects of making smart energy a cost-effective reality.
- Examining the relationship between Smart Grid and the communications market – determining the role for service providers partner and profit
- Outlining recent market dynamics in telecom and utilities as they converge to empower a Smart Society
- Examining case studies from TM Forum-inspired Smart Grid ventures around the world
- Positioning your organization to leverage the revenue opportunities in Smart Grid
The TMForum Americas conference will be held at the Peabody Hotel, Orlando, Florida USA, on November 8-10, 2011.
About Synaptitude Consulting
Synaptitude is an enterprise and IT systems consulting services company. We deliver transformational solutions to our clients’ most critical business challenges. Today’s business is deeply interconnected with the technology that supports it. Yet, many organizations struggle to focus their business and technological concerns on the same goals; sometimes it’s as if they are speaking two separate languages.
Synaptitude excels in providing real-world IT consulting in the following areas and verticals:
- Media and Telecommunications
- Revenue Assurance and Cost Management
- Public Utility Commission Expert Witness testimony
- Back office operational and customer-facing architecture
- Vendor-agnostic package selection
- Trusted Advisor IT Implementation Program Management
For more information, visit: www.SynaptitudeConsulting.com