Synaptitude is seeking a Web Application Technical Lead for our consulting services practice (Java/Oracle/MySQL/Cloud).
The Web Application Technical Lead will work on a Synaptitude engagement team to deliver mission-critical web applications to our clients, using the Java application stack on top of Oracle and/or MySQL, with potential cloud-based deployments. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of technical developers and database administrators
- Working with technology vendors and partners
- Responsibility for the technical delivery of mission-critical web applications
- Ownership of the enterprise architecture, technical design, and technical quality of product
- Providing an expert point-of-view and advisory abilities for technical decisions
- Performing technical development
- 7+ years experience performing Java/J2EE Development
- Working, hands-on knowledge of JSF frameworks like Apache myFaces, Openfaces, Icefaces, RichFaces
- Working, hands-on knowledge of ORB frameworks like EclipseLink or Hibernate.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of Java application frameworks include Spring, JBOSS Seam or Oracle ADF
- Experience building high volume, highly scalable business/consumer driven web applications
- Experience in defining 3-tier web application architectures
- Experience with deploying on platforms including Tomcat, JBOSS,
- Experience testing and performance tuning J2EE/Java applications
- Ability to with Oracle and MySQL databases, including SQL scripting
- Agile development methodology, SCRUM
- Experience with cloud-based development and production environments and cloud infrastructure vendors
- Experience in testing the web application for performance; for loads; multi-OS & multi-browser; security and penetration testing.
- Experience leading a team and providing mentorship to junior developers
- Ability to perform and justify technical tradeoffs
- Experience in a client service environment
- Ability to work with client to solicit requirements
- Ability to develop technical requirements from business-oriented process documents and functional requirements.
- Excellent client management, oral and written communication skills
- Capable and comfortable working with a distributed workforce
Location and Travel
The position will be performed in Tysons Corner, Virginia, and the Washington DC metro area, with potential for some business-related travel.
If you think that you would be a good fit for Synaptitude, please send an email to hr@SynaptitudeConsulting.com. In your email response, please include your answers to the following questions and attach a copy of your current resume:
- Your current location
- Your desired salary and compensation
- Your desired start date
- Your authorization to work within the United States (citizen/visa/EAD, etc…)
- Will you be able to provide examples of prior work that you have created?
- Your availability for business travel
- Confirm you are looking for a W-2 position
Please no phone calls about open positions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Synaptitude Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.