Experienced Business IT Analyst
Synaptitude is seeking Experienced Business IT Analysts for full time employment as consultants in our Information Technology Services practice.
Business IT Analysts will perform business analysis tasks on IT Systems projects and Process Improvement/Organizational Change projects, delivered to Synaptitude's clients. Consultants will work on site at a client location, in a team environment.
Client Management Duties:
Client management duties which Business IT Analysts perform on projects include:
- Work with client managers and business application users.
- Managing client expectations.
- Client meeting facilitation.
- Project planning.
- Project risk management.
IT System Analysis Project Duties:
Duties which Business IT Analysts perform on IT Systems projects include:
Business System Analysis Duties:
- Facilitate system design sessions with business users and client managers.
- Gather and define system requirements.
- Create functional specifications (including use cases, interface requirements).
- Perform gap analysis
Systems Design Duties:
- Create user interface designs.
Systems Test Duties:
- Develop system testing strategies
- Execute systems testing
- Facilitate user acceptance testing
Working with Client Business Users:
- Develop system application expertise
- Work with users to resolve issues when using the system
Process Improvement / Org Change Project Duties:
Duties which Business IT Analysts perform on Process Improvement / Organizational Change projects include:
- Process mapping and documentation.
- Process analysis and strategic improvement recommendations.
- Organizational change planning.
- Financial cost & revenue analysis.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance analysis.
This opportunity is ideal for individuals interested in combining their information technology, business analysis, financial analysis, and project management knowledge and skills.
The job will be performed in Northern Virginia, outside of Washington DC.
- 2-5 years of business analysis experience.
- Client service experience.
- Bachelor's degree required from a well-respected university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in standard business tools of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation applications.
Desired Functional Experience:
- Client management experience.
- Experience on projects for finance departments.
- Knowledge of corporate finance.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of billing best practices.
Desired Process & Technical Experience:
- Experience performing business analysis for systems implementations.
- Process analysis experience.
- Full system development lifecycle experience.
- Experience working with IT developers.
- Requirements analysis, gap analysis, cost/benefit analysis, risk analysis and comparative analysis.
- MS Access and/or SQL experience highly desirable.
- Computer programming and/or SQL experience.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Management (MIT/MIS).
- Management Consulting experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Leadership experience.
If you think that you would be a good fit for Synaptitude, please send an email to hr@SynaptitudeConsulting.com with the following information:
- Your current resume
- Any additional information that you believe would qualify you for this position.
Please no phone calls about open positions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Synaptitude Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.