Experienced J2EE Front-End Developer
Synaptitude Consulting is seeking a highly qualified J2EE developer with strong Front End /UI experience to join an Agile WebApp development team.
The developer will be working on developing a large scale, high performance, enterprise web application that will serve international users. He/she will be working with a talented team on cutting edge technologies including cloud computing. Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop the User Interface and other components for a large scale J2EE web application
- Work closely with Business Analysis team and understand the requirements and develop UI layer
- Work closely with the Team Lead and other team members
- Provide sound feedback to Client/Business Analysts and make appropriate technical recommendations
- Write detailed design and other technical documents for the assigned deliverables
- Utilize wireframes/mockups from the Business Analysts and convert to working UI implementation.
- Use design proven patterns to develop application layers
- Use best practices to develop well structured code that includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Perform Unit Testing and write test cases to ensure requirements are satisfied
- Assist in integration, systems, acceptance testing as needed.
- Perform load testing, cross-browser and cross-OS compliance
- Perform web site security testing and penetration testing
The candidate must have in-depth and hands on experience that covers multiple years, multiple projects. The candidate should have demonstrated User Interface design experience and enjoys working with a distributed team and independently.
- At least 5 years of development experience in J2EE based applications
- At least 3 years of developing User Interface Java Application in J2EE based application environment
- Full SDLC experience and full J2EE technology stack experience
- Demonstrate track record of strong UI development capabilities
- Familiar with the latest Web technologies and standards
- Experience in developing scalable and secure web application
- i18n – Multi Language/Locale related experience
- Experience in testing the web application for performance; for loads; multi-OS & multi-browser; security and penetration testing.
- Object Oriented analysis and design techniques
- Strong demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience in working independently on assigned tasks and take ownership of the assigned deliverables
- Experience with the following is a plus
- Cloud Computing
Demonstrate strong technical experience in the following:
- J2EE development
- JSP and Servlet
- JSTL or other tag libraries
- JQuery / Dojo / YUI
- RESTFul Web Services / JSON
- Spring framework
- Eclipse IDE
- Subversion, Maven
- Advanced CSS, DOM
- i18n Internationalization and Localization
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- Experience with the latest Web technologies and standards.
- Knowledgeable with how browsers behave and the rendering process and be able to leverage these knowledge to design and implement high-performance web applications.
- Extensive experience on design and implementing high performing web applications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to analyze technical information and work with a team spirit.
- Self-motivated with strong verbal and written skills.
Location and Travel
The position will be performed in Tysons Corner, Virginia, and the Washington DC metro area, with potential for some business-related travel.
If you think that you would be a good fit for Synaptitude, please send an email to hr@SynaptitudeConsulting.com. In your email response, please include your answers to the following questions and attach a copy of your current resume:
- Your current location
- Your desired salary and compensation
- Your desired start date
- Your authorization to work within the United States (citizen/visa/EAD, etc…)
- Will you be able to provide examples of prior work that you have created?
- Your availability for business travel
- Confirm you are looking for a W-2 position
Please no phone calls about open positions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Synaptitude Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.